Massetino 2018

Tenuta dell Ornellaia

Massetino 2018

Massetino 2018 is the second vintage of the second wine of the Masseto winery. While its big brother "Masseto" is a single-varietal Merlot, Massetino contains a small amount of Cabernet Franc. In the 2018 vintage, there are only 6%, the remaining 94% are also Merlot grapes from all Masseto vineyards.

Incl. 20% VAT, excl. Shipping Cost

0.75 lt |
(1 lt €666.65)
Only available in store
Art.Nr.: 434224#1.000


In the early 1980s, the first vines were planted on the west-facing clay-rich soils of the Masseto hill. Geological studies had shown that this could be an exceptionally good site, and the arguments fought against this background between the celebrated oenologist André Tchelistcheff and the founder of the winery to plant Merlot instead of the safer Cabernet Sauvignon variety are legendary. From the very first harvest, the unique personality of the wines from these vines, planted along a vein of Pliocene blue clay, was quite evident for all to see (and taste). More than 30 years have passed since these first attempts.
Origin: Italy / Tuscany
Alcohol content: 14,0%
Contact: Ornellaia e Masseto Società Agricola S.r.l. 57022 Castagneto Carducci , Italy

* We kindly ask for your understanding that the product design may differ from the illustration.

Ingredients & Allergens